Monday, November 25, 2013

Some Weekend Cutting

As I mentioned last Friday, I was managing to catch a cold.  And man oh man, did I catch it.  So there wasn't a whole lot going on this weekend.  I did a bit of quilting on the long arm (which I will show later this week, hello tutorial :)  and a little bit of cutting.  I was cutting up some of my Road 15 scraps and finally tried out my new Rotary Cutter from Wholeport.  I have never had a 60mm rotary cutter before and decided to give one a try and I like it!!  I don't know if there is a difference in cutting time, (I am sure there is due to some amazing physics) but I like the idea of it being so big and slicing through my cutting time.


After cutting the Road 15 scraps I was hoping to cut into this beautiful bundle of Oakshott Cottens.  The lovely folks at Oakshott  were so kind to send  me their new Italy Fat Eighth Bundle to play with.  Sadly though, my brain was just to foggy to decide what I wanted to make with this amazing bundle.


So it will wait on the shelf looking oh so amazing until I decide just the perfect project for it :)  And just for fun, I wanted to show you how cute and little they fold the Fat Eighth bundles.  That is the bundle sitting on top of a charm pack.  So adorable!!!


So now it's off to the store for some serious pie making ingredients.  Our family takes pie making for the big gobbble gobble day pretty serious.  We average 8-10 pies because honestly, who doesn't love pie!!

Have a Happy Quilting Day!!!
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Oakshott cotton ummm good! the pies sounds scrumptious too---have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you are feeling all better now. I love pies as well and love making them! I think we need a run down of what kind of pies you are making :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are better and have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oakshott = YUMM! I l have been eyeing that bundle. It's gorgeous. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better.
    We love pie at our house too. Grandpa would say he only liked two kinds of pie; hot and cold.
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get better soon! I love Oakshott Cottons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving Cutie!!! Hope you have a great holiday weekend!! Sounds like some serious pie eating: couldn't get much better!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments. I just love hearing from you!!
Have a Happy Quilting Day :)

Melissa